Check out some of the headlines you might have missed in the week that was in Port Jefferson.
- Port Jefferson Schools to Boost Security - Board of Education expected to spend $150,000 in security upgrades, including two full-time security staff.
- Cops Seek 4 Men For Armed Robbery in Coram - A woman and three children were home at the time.
- - Formickella was a resident of the village who was involved with the Chamber of Commerce and owned Drowned Meadow Real Estate Agency.
- Port Jefferson to Consider Closing Campus for Seniors - Security in Port Jefferson School District is under the microscope following a fatal shooting last month at a Connecticut school.
- Inspector: Crime is Down in Port Jefferson Station and Terryville - Commanding officer of the SCPD's Sixth Precinct addressed the Port Jefferson Station-Terryville Civic Association meeting on Tuesday night.
- PJFD Battles Blaze on Main Street in Port Jefferson - No injuries reported in fire at 408 Main Street in the village.
- Pizza Hut to Join New Dunkin Donuts in Mt. Sinai - Additional vacancy in same building to be filled as well, according to employees.
- - While the governor's state aid proposals are still subject to negotiations with lawmakers, initial proposals differ for Port Jefferson and Comsewogue School Districts.