This historical photo dated Dec. 21, 1930 from the Kenneth Brady Collection in the Port Jefferson village archive shows Santa Claus when he came to the village and went to Infant Jesus Roman Catholic Church and St. Charles Hospital.
From the description by Ken Brady:
Santa Claus and members of the St. John’s Orphan Asylum Band of Brooklyn march from the Port Jefferson Railroad Station toward Infant Jesus Roman Catholic Church to attend mass. Afterwards, the group proceeded up Myrtle Avenue to St. Charles Hospital where they entertained the “crippled children.” The Cheese Club of the Brooklyn Knights of Columbus sponsored the annual event.
To see more historical photos of Port Jefferson and the surrounding areas, click here and visit the official archive.