Finding the perfect gift for the sports enthusiasts in your life is as easy as 1-2-3 with Patch’s sports holiday shopping guide.
1. For any kind of athlete or sports enthusiast there's Port Jefferson Sports on Route 112. They have team sports equipment, screen printing and field equipment, medical supplies, training equipment, school uniforms; and carry popular brands like Russell, Schutt, Rawlings, Under Armour, Adidas, Wilson and more.
2. Getting your sports fan their team colors is easy at Your Favorite Team in the Harbor Square Mall. They are the go-to store for all sports related merchandise, carrying sporting apparel, paraphernalia and accessories for all major sports teams.
3. For the bowler in your life, there's Port Jeff Bowl. The pro shop can help you purchase a new ball or acessories.
4. The Port Jefferson Bike Doctor can help you outfit and equip any biking enthusiast. They carry a wide variety of bicycles, parts and accessories, including models like BMX, comfort, mountain, road bikes and others.
5. Does your list incluse a scuba diver or snorkler? Then check out Port Diver. They sell diving and snorkeling equipment and accessories. They also provide spearfishing equipment.
6. If there's a fisherman on your list, then West Marine can help you fill the stocking with any type of angling equipment from poles to hooks.
7. For the outdoorsy type who likes to kayak, ski or snowboard check out Snow Shed. They have anything you need to suit up and enjoy outdoor fun in all seasons. Or if you're thinking ahead to summer, then try Island Water Sports for wakeboards and lessons.
8. At Never Enough Cards, you'll find plenty to buy for any baseball card and sports memoribilia collector.
9. The Rinx is now open for the season. Ice skaters can enjoy a view of the harbor while skating outdoors. Memberships are available.
10. Golfers will love a membership at the Port Jefferson Country Club at Harbor Hills. It's has an 18-hole golf course, 8 lighted tennis courts and a full restaurant and catering facility. The club offers premium pricing for residents. Non-residents can join for a higher fee.