Instead of getting lost wandering down the aisles of another super store or fighting over parking spaces with impatient, harried shoppers at the mall, make Port Jefferson your one stop location to get all of your holiday presents.
Whether you're looking for the standard toy or something different, these places have gifts for the children on your list.
1. Lainie's Way has a fun assortment of educational games and toys designed to stimulate children's minds. We suggest you get an old favorite wonderment toy, the Squirmle. If you need a lesson on how to use it, the staff will help you.
2. Discover games galore at Boardwalk Games. You can find special editions of your old favorites, unique chess boards or pick out something new. They have board games you can't find anywhere else.
3. Remote control cars, personal media devices and even the batteries to make your other toys go, Radio Shack can always be counted on to to have something for the kids.
4. Learning Tower Toys is stocked with unique, innovative games and toys to help children explore the world around them. A fun place for adults too.
5. Looking for baseball cards, memorabilia, comics, toys or collectibles then look no further than Never Enough Cards. LEGOs are also a speciality of this store with plenty of new and retired sets and mini-figures. In fact, it's one of the few places in town that sells such a wide array of LEGO brand products.
6. If your little one is a sports nut then check out Your Favorite Team for all kinds of sporting apparel, paraphernalia and accessories from all major sports teams.
7. Bookish kids will be happy to tear into some of the many books for any age reader at Best Bargain Books. For more book picks, can also see if the Used Book Store on East Main Street has what you're looking for.
8. When you need a quick gift or stocking stuffers for kids check out any of the CVS stores in the Port Jefferson area. (There are three.)
9. A new ornament on Christmas morning can make a great gift for kids. Check out The Red Sled or Once Upon A Christmas.