Several eateries in Port Jefferson and Port Jefferson Station are among more than 20 restaurants participating in Mather Hospital's "Perfect Plates" program, which promotes the understanding of how smaller food portion sizes can benefit one's health, the hospital announced Wednesday.
"Portion control is a simple way to help prevent weight gain and reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer," the hospital said in a statement.
Through the program, many restaurants will offer $5 "perfect plates" on the first Monday of each month starting Feb. 4 through June 3. The program is funded through the New York State Department of Health's Healthy Heart Program and is also supported by the American Heart Association.
Participating restaurants include:
- Gourmet Burger Bistro in Port Jefferson
- Asian Legend Chinese Restaurant in Port Jefferson Station
- Carnival in Port Jefferson Station
- Dino's Pizza in Port Jefferson Station
- Old Town Pizza in Port Jefferson Station
- Vito's of Port Jeff in Port Jefferson Station
- Rocco's Pizza & Ristorante in Mt. Sinai
Other nearby restaurants taking part include The Curry Club in East Setauket, C. P. LaManno’s in Miller Place, and The Hartlin Inn in Sound Beach.