Recognizing the need for residents to recharge their cellphones, laptops, and other important electronic devices, a number of places in town and nearby have opened charging stations. These include:
- Brookhaven Town Hall, 1 Independence Hill, Farmingville, NY 11738
- New Village Recreation Center, 20 Wireless Road (Corner of Wireless Road and Hawkins Road), Centereach NY 11720
- Setauket Fire District Headquarters, 26 Hulse Road, East Setauket NY 11733 (starting at noon on Friday)
- Walmart, 3990 Nesconset Highway, East Setauket NY 11733
- Comsewogue Public Library, 170 Terryville Road, Port Jefferson Station - Free WiFi and charging stations for everyone (even non-members.)
- Port Jefferson Brewing Company, 22 Mill Creek Rd, Port Jefferson - Has WiFi, power strips and hot and cold filtered water available all weekend.
- Port Jefferson Library - Free WiFi and charging at both main library and Teen Center on East Main Street.
- North Shore Public Library, 250 New York 25A, Shoreham
- Legis. Sarah Anker's Office, 620 Route 25A Suite B, Mt. Sinai
If you know of any charging stations, log in to Patch and add them as a comment below, or email editor Christine Sampson at ChristineS@patch.com.