Check out some of the headlines you might have missed in the week that was in Port Jefferson.
- Moratorium on Lawrence Aviation Site Approved by Town - Decision gives planners until Dec. 2014 to decide what to do with a major piece of property in Port Jefferson Station.
- Legis. Anker Sets Focus on Three-Mile Trail Starting at Tesla Property - Legislator discussing smaller trail with civics.
- Port Jeff Offers Mixed Reviews on Minimum Wage Boost Idea - Gov. Andrew Cuomo suggested increasing the state minimum wage from $7.25 to $8.75 in his State of the State address last week.
- Port Jefferson Readers Split on New State Gun Law - Though many were suspect about the new law, which enacts the strictest gun control measures in the country.
- - Thousands of dollars allocated to support cultural and arts organizations.
- Missing Student Located in Port Jefferson - Community responds to help find 11-year-old boy.
- Carvel Owner Wins Bid on Former KFC; 'Immediate' Clean-Up Overdue - Suffolk County and Paul Famighetti have yet to close on the parcel at the corner of Hallock Avenue and Route 112.