Our bloggers cover everything from politics to reviews of the best places to hang out for teens. Here are highlights of blog posts from last week.
- You’ve probably heard that your library card is the "smartest card in your wallet," but having a Port Jefferson Free Library card makes you savvy consumer.
- Join fellow animal lovers on Sunday June 10 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. as we walk around the scenic village of Port Jefferson for the 13th Annual Hounds on the Sound 3K dog walk and adoption event fundraiser.
- Cases of scotch were found frozen solid under Ernest Shackleton's Antarctic hut, supplies left behind from his famous Nimrod expedition of 1907. The golden juice inside was beautifully preserved, unfrozen, at -22F for over a century.
- By now, most of us have heard that taking the B vitamin, Folic acid can reduce the incidence of neural tube defects in newborns by as much as 70%.
- Finding meaning and fulfillment in your life leads to greater happiness and a life well lived.
- The NationalHurricane Center (NHC) is forecasting a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season. Although the season officially kicks off June 1, 2012, we already have observed two tropical storms (Alberto and Beryl).
- Congressman Tim Bishop's first blog post for Patch.
If you'd like to share your unique voice with Patch readers by blogging in our Local Voices section, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (631) 707-4228.