There's plenty to do in and around the Port Jefferson area, especially with a mild spring Saturday and Sunday in the weather forecast. Here are a few ideas – and don't forget to check out our event calendar and our "100 Things to Do in Port Jefferson" series.
- The North Shore Art Guild continues its fine arts exhibition "Rejuvenation" at the Port Jefferson Village Center.
- This weekend marks opening weekend of The Diary of Anne Frank at Theatre Three. Showtimes include 10:30 a.m. Friday, 8 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday.
History & Culture
- On Friday join Professor John Molfetta at 7 p.m. at the Port Jefferson Free Library for a discussion of the controversial Talpiot Tomb in Israel.
Kids & Family
- Make your own jellybean bracelet at the Maritime Explorium in Port Jefferson ($5) on Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Want to adopt a pet? Sunday is "Adoption Day" at Petsmart in Port Jefferson Station starting at 11 a.m.
Health & Recreation
- Check out a meditation class at Dipamkara Meditation Center in Port Jefferson on Sunday at 10:30 a.m. ($10).
- Among several different fitness options is a class called Move 'N' Flow, set for Sundays at 10 a.m. Click here for more details.
- With the weather expected to be partly sunny with a low chance of rain, according to weather.com, it might be a nice time to check out the Setauket-Port Jefferson Station Greenway Trail.