If you're heading into the village of Port Jefferson this weekend, remember that metered parking is once again in effect. There's lots to do in and around the village.
Art, History & Literature
- Friday night is "Poetry Zone" open mic night at the Port Jefferson Free Library from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Learn about "Long Island's Pioneer Women Aviators" at the Port Jefferson Free Library at 7 p.m.
- Check out works from the North Shore Art Guild on display at the Port Jefferson Village Center.
- The "Festival of One-Act Plays" at Theater Three continues at 3 p.m. Saturday and 7 p.m. on Sunday.
Kids & Family
- The Maritime Explorium is open for fun from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday, and each day during the upcoming school break, with different exhibits and activities each day.
- Catch "Peter Rabbit" at Theater Three on Saturday at 11 a.m.
- What's that Facebook thing all about, anyway? Get an intro to the social networking site on Saturday at the Port Jefferson Library at 2 p.m.
- Who doesn't love Girl Scout Cookies? You can pick up yours at Tropical Smoothie Café in Port Jefferson Station on Saturday starting at 10 a.m.
- Don't forget there's always karaoke at The Village Way starting at 10 p.m. Saturday.
- Friday Night Face-Off is a comedy series starting at 10 p.m. at Theater Three.
- Theater Three's main stage production is "Back to Bacharach" at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. on Sunday.
- Very little can beat a good Friday or Saturday movie night. Click here to visit the PJ Cinemas website for showtimes.