There's plenty to do in Port Jefferson on any given day, especially the weekends between Friday night and Sunday afternoon. Here's a selection of local events to check out.
- The Port Jefferson Free Library will show the movie Ice Age: Continental Drift (rated PG) at 6:30 p.m.
- The Saturday and Sunday activity hosted by the Maritime Explorium this weekend is set for 1 p.m. both days ($5), in which kids can build their own "ice house" with sugar cubes.
- Catch the final performance of "Raggedy Ann and Andy" for kids at Theater Three at 11 a.m. on Saturday ($10).
- The Port Jefferson Free Library will host "Mother Goose Rhyme Time" for kids up to age 36 months at 10 a.m.
- The Port Jefferson Free Library will show The Perks of Being a Wallflower (rated PG-13), based on the popular teen book, at 6:30 p.m. on Friday.
Food & Drink
- Vine 2 Wine hosts a wine-and-cheese pairing event each Saturday at 3 p.m. (free).
- Saturday Night Live at Danford's combines breathtaking views of the Long Island Sound with tapas, music and drinks.
- Suffolk residents will soon need a safe boating certificate in order to drive a boat, and this boating safety course ($40) on Saturday at 8 a.m. is one way to get started.
- Enjoy a knitting workshop at the Port Jefferson Free Library at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- Theater Three's latest production is "Back to Bacharach and David," featuring the songs of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. It runs through March 30, showing Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m. Tickets range from $15 to $30.
Arts & Literature
- The Port Jefferson Free Library will host a monthly poetry night for folks to share their poetry at 6:30 p.m.