People of all ages have quite a few options for weekend activities this week in Port Jefferson. Don't forget, if your organization is having an event, you can add it to our calendar here.
- Theater Three's latest production is "Back to Bacharach and David," featuring the songs of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. It runs through March 30, showing Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m. Tickets range from $15 to $30.
- At Port Jazz on Saturday night, catch the cover band Slingshot at 11 p.m. ($10).
- For anyone who loves to practice singing in the shower, here's your chance to shine: Karaoke at The Village Way, starting at 10 p.m. on Saturday night.
Kids & Teens
- Wish Dr. Seuss a happy birthday at the Maritime Explorium with a children's activity at 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday ($5).
- Get into sports card collecting with an introductory sports card activity for kids ages 7 to 12 on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Port Jefferson Free Library.
- Kids ages 4 to 6 (with parent) can make a rainbow shamrock and learn about St. Patrick's Day at the Port Jefferson library on Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
- A talent show at Comsewogue High School will take place Friday at 7 p.m. with a check presentation for “Friends of Karen,” a non-profit that supports critically ill children and their families, will also take place.
Food & Drink
- Vine 2 Wine hosts a wine-and-cheese pairing event each Saturday at 3 p.m. (free).
- Saturday Night Live at Danford's combines breathtaking views of the Long Island Sound with tapas, music and drinks.
Recreation for Adults
- Sign up for Tai Chi at the Port Jefferson Library, a six-week course starting Saturday that runs from 11 a.m. to noon (program fee $30).