Sunday is Father's Day. But before that, there's a lot to do starting Friday night. Want to make a weekend of it? Pick something to do with Dad from every day. Does your Dad like wine? Bowling? Going Green? Or help Dad clean out that garage by bringing all your old electronics down to Port Jefferson for the e-waste recycle day (village residents only please.)
Whatever is on your mind this weekend for your special Dad or Grandad, with so much going on, we're sure you can find something to do.
- , Friday, June 15 at 5 to 8 p.m. Once in a lifetime, wine from a great estate becomes availabe to wine enthusiasts around the world; Cascina Roccalini Barbaresco "Roccalini" is one of those wines. This wine will be availabe to taste at no charge. The tasting will also include Ezio Cerruti Sol Botrytis 2007 Moscato Bianco, for all the dessert wine lovers out there.
- Port Jeff Bowl, Friday, June 15 at 6 p.m. Enjoy three hours of unimited bowling, lights and music.
Next to Normal -, Friday, June 15 at 8 p.m. Theatre Three presents Next to Normal, . Please note: Contains adult themes and subject matter (under 6 not permitted).
Summer Kick-Off Party -, Friday, June 15 at 8 p.m. Enjoy live music by The East End Trip plus drink specials all night.
- Port Jefferson Building Department, Saturday, June 16 at 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The village of Port Jefferson and the Brookhaven Town Waste Management Department teamed up for an e-waste recycle day. Unload your items (not suitable for your regular garbage disposal) like old computers, monitors, print cartridges, old cell phones and other electronics.
- Heritage Park, Saturday, June 16 at 9:30 a.m. Join Fred Drewes behind the Heritage Center at the crop and farm machine. Enjoy informal over the fence garden chats.
- , Saturday, June 16 at 10 a.m. The Christopher J. Malvetti Memorial Fund hosts this 3K, family oriented, race at the Port Jefferson Fire Department. Information and registration, as well as scholarship information, can be found on the website.
- , Saturday, June 16 at 1 p.m. Have fun with Dad constructing and testing hoopsters and gliders. The museum will also celebrate the Port Jefferson Greenfest with biomes. Recycle water bottles and grow something green to help keep our atmosphere clean.
- , Saturday June 15 at 1 p.m. Enjoy festivities at the Port Jefferson Village Center to learn about green technologies for your daily living.
Next to Normal -, Saturday, June 16 at 8 p.m. Theatre Three presents Next to Normal, . Please note: Contains adult themes and subject matter (under 6 not permitted).
- , Sunday, June 17 starting at 8 a.m. Treat the king of the castle to a feast made for a king this Father's Day. Danfords Hotel & Marina will celebrate Father’s Day with service all day from breakfast through dinner.
- , Sunday, June 17 from 1 to 4 p.m. Complimentary wine tasting featuring Jean Medeville et Fils Bordeaux Blanc 2010 as well as Bordeaux Rouge 2010.
- , Sunday, June 17 at 9 a.m. Come down to the Bayles Boat Shop in Harborfront Park to see wooden boats being built. Volunteers welcome to sign up to learn the craft of wooden boat building.
- in Port Jefferson Station. Sunday, June 17 at 11 a.m. Shop, rescue a dog and make a friend for life. Puppies and adult dogs available. Come by and meetthe dogs, say hello and learn more about Last Chance Animal Rescue. Man's best friend is waiting for your Dad.
- , Sunday, June 17 at 1 p.m. Have fun with Dad constructing and testing hoopsters and gliders. The museum will also celebrate the Port Jefferson Greenfest with biomes. Recycle water bottles and grow something green to help keep our atmosphere clean.