The library will be exhibiting at the at the Green Fest this Saturday, June 16. The , however, goes green all year round.
We actively participate in the village recycling program. Every Tuesday night pounds of paper and boxes go out for collection on Wednesdays (Yes, our recycle gets collected with everyone elses).
We also go green behind the scenes.
- Old program fliers and other scrap paper gets used for:
- Printing computer passes and interoffice memos
- Turned into the scrap paper that is placed in the baskets by the library computers
- We no longer provide hot and cold cups for staff to use on breaks. Everyone
has brought his or her own mug or glass. Many staff also use refillable water bottles.
- We have a recycle bin in our staff lounge area and in the Teen Center for non-paper recyclables such as #1 and #2 plastic containers, and aluminum foil.
- We recycle our ink and toner cartridges.
- We participate in the Better World Books Program which sells discarded books and donates the proceeds to charities which support literarcy.
- Our Friends of the Library bookstore sells gently used books. Buying used books is a big part of going green.
- All of the cleaning products used by our maintenance team are Green Seal Certified.
Please visit the Green Fest and and then cross the street and stop into the library and check out some books that will help you go green! Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Going Green: Every Home an Eco-Home DVD 363.735 GOI
- The Green Beauty Guide: Your Essential Resource to Organic and Natural Skin Care, Hair Care, Make-up and Fragrences by Julie Gabriel 646. 72 GAB
- The Green Book: The Everyday Guide to Saving the Planet One Simple Step at a Time by Elizabeth Rogers 333.72 ROG
- The Green Lifestyle Handbook by Jeremy Rifkin 363. 705 GRE
Our book display in the front reading room has gone eco-friendly and has even more books to help you go green.
We look forward to seeing you at the Green Fest.