• A resident of Westwood Avenue in Stony Brook reported that someone threw a mailbox onto the vinyl bed cover of a 2007 Toyota Tundra, damaging the cover on March 29 at 11 p.m.
• On March 31, a resident of Erik Drive in East Setauket reported that an unknown person called at 8:30 a.m. and attempted to pull off the "loved one in danger" phone scam against which Suffolk police have recently warned. The complainant was able to identify the scam and did not fall victim to it.
• A man reported an attempted robbery in the parking lot of Kohl's in East Setauket on April 5 in which one man distracted him by asking for a cigarette while another man pushed him from behind and attempted to steal his wallet.
• A Patchogue man was arrested in Smithtown after he allegedly allowed people to take building materials from a business for roughly a year. Police said Ronald Bazoge, 45, was arrested April 6 stemming from incidents that occurred from July 25, 2011 to July 25, 2012. Bazoge was arrested on a third-degree grand larceny charge, a felony.
• Police arrested a Lake Grove man after he allegedly stole rims, tires and radiators from a fenced property. Steven Hall, 36, of Lake Grove, was arrested in Smithtown on April 6 on a third-degree grand larceny charge, a felony.
• A Yonkers duo was arrested on Route 111 in Smithtown after allegedly being in possession of burglar tools. Police said Raphael Diaz, 34, and Rene Delgado, 36, had a pump and tank used for gathering cooking oil in the rear of a car. Diaz and Delgado were arrested on April 2, each on a possession of burglar tools charge, a misdemeanor.
Miller Place-Rocky Point
• Jose Garcia Jr., 24, of Farmingdale, was arrested April 4 in Miller Place and charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony. According to police, Garcia was found to be in possession of over 500 milligrams of cocaine at 12:25 a.m. on Route 25A in Miller Place.
• Matthew Grillo, 41, of Mt. Sinai, was arrested April 2 on three counts of third-degree criminal mischief, a felony. According to police, Grillo slashed the tires of five separate cars on Tarpon Avenue in North Bellport on different occasions. He allegedly also poured paint on the hood of one of the cars.
• Debra Zarzana, 51, and Alicia Zarzana, 23, of Rocky Point, were arrested April 1 in Lake Grove and both charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor. In total, the two allegedly took a Geneva pocketbook from Macy's and a phone cover and pack of socks from the mall.