• Police have identified the Commack man who was charged with driving while intoxicated following a collision with a school bus, carrying 23 children, Tuesday morning as Robert Slavonik.
According to police, the school bus was traveling westbound on Route 25A in Smithtown at 9:45 a.m. when it was struck by a Dodge pickup truck that was exiting the Dunkin Donuts parking lot, located at 235 Route 25A. The driver of the pickup truck then fled the scene. No one was injured in the crash, police said.
• Police arrested Renaica Harris, 35, of Bay Shore, on a charge of third-degree assault with intent to cause physical injury, a misdemeanor, on Feb. 22 after allegedly throwing a bottle at a woman and punching her. Police said the victim required medical treatment.
• A Smithtown man and an East Northport woman were arrested on Feb. 18 after allegedly pulling a knife on a victim, demanding the victim give them whatever personal belongings they had on them. Police arrested Anthony Lucente, 23, of Smithtown, and Carla Donovan, 27, of East Northport, on a first-degree robbery with the use of a dangerous instrument charge, a felony.
Miller Place-Rocky Point
• Jason Sciortino, 33, of Port Jefferson, was arrested Feb. 17 in Mt. Sinai and charged with first-degree operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs, a misdemeanor. Police say Sciortino hit a fire hydrant and a telephone pole while driving on Mt. Sinai Avenue at 3:30 p.m., and said they determined he was under the influence of drugs.
• Christina Padrazo, 25, of Setauket, was arrested Feb. 23 and charged with fourth-degree grand larceny, a felony. Police said Padrazo, an employee at Stop & Shop in Setauket, sold the store's flowers to customers and kept the money in excess of $1,000.
• Brandon Friscia, 25, of Coram, was arrested Feb. 16 in Setauket and charged with possession of a hypodermic instrument, a misdemeanor. He was also arrested on an active warrant for an alleged parole violation from a previous crime of an unspecified nature. Police found Friscia seated in a car parked at Kohl's in East Setauket.