The following arrest information was supplied by the Suffolk County Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
- John Desthers, 38, of Smithtown, was arrested on Jan. 8 in Smithtown on a charge of third-degree assault with intent to cause physical injury, a misdemeanor. Reports state Desthers exited his car and punched a person in another car while stopped at a traffic signal at the intersection of Route 25 and Edgewood Avenue at 4 p.m.
- Martin Wroblewski, 32, of Lindenhurst, was arrested on Jan. 7 in Smithtown on a fourth-degree grand larceny charge, a felony. Police said Wroblewski stole a credit card.
MILLER PLACE-ROCKY POINT
- Steven Wienckowski, 46, of Sound Beach, was arrested Jan. 7 in Hauppauge and charged with fourth-degree insurance fraud, a felony. Wienckowski allegedly lied about his work status and received work wages while he was also collecting unemployment.
- Damage to a police speed sign was discovered at noon on Jan. 8 on Sheep Pasture Road in East Setauket.
- A resident of Stony Road in Stony Brook reported Jan. 5 that someone drove onto his property, damaged a fence and shrubbery, then drove away at approximately 11:35 a.m.
- On Sunday afternoon, Suffolk County police responded to a report of a large fight involving approximately 20 people that damaged a car outside Kohl's on Nesconset Highway in East Setauket. The vehicle, a 2012 Acura, sustained a small dent and scuffs on the hood, according to a police report. Police said the fight was reported at 4:07 p.m. and it broke up before they arrived.
- Zearl Simmelkjaer, 50, of the Bronx, was arrested on Jan. 11 in Hauppauge on third-degree robbery charges, a felony. Reports state Simmelkjaer was arrested in Hauppauge after an incident that took place on Middle Country Road in St. James at 1:14 p.m. where he reached into a red Honda, punched the driver several times and stole a hand-held computer.
- Jasmine Kelly, 18, of New York, was arrested and charged on Jan.10 with third-degree grand larceny, a felony, in Commack. Police said Kelly attempted to steal merchandise from the Commack Target at 98 Veterans Memorial Hwy.
- Michael Vidal, 27, of Flushing, was arrested and charged on Jan. 8 with fourth-degree grand larceny, a felony, in Commack. Police said Vidal was charged with stealing a foam mat and wire from the Commack Home Depot located at 65 Crooked Hill Rd.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now