.

Fire in Mt. Sinai Home on Christmas Eve

Fire that started in dryer give off heavy smoke and damaged basement.

A fire that started in the dryer of a Mount Sinai home on Christmas eve caused damage to the basement but no one was hurt, according to the Mount Sinai Fire Department. At 7:47 p.m., the Mount Sinai Fire Department responded to a call to a house at 7 Maureen Drive on Saturday. Fire Chief Chuck Poillon discovered that the fire was in the dryer and giving off a lot of smoke. Damage

"The fire was confined to the ceiling of the basement, the dryer ductwork and PVC pipes," said Fireman Elliot Perry in an email after the call. "There was damage to the contents of the basement."

He also said that Assistant Chiefs Dave Taylor and Jaime Baldasarre satyed to make sure there was no residual fire in the attic of the home.

Miller Place and Sound Beach Fire Departments and the Port Jefferson ambulance also responded to the Christmas Eve call.
 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something