The Suffolk County Police Department reported the following incidents between Dec. 27 and Jan. 3:
- On Jan. 3, a female employee at Mather Outpatient Clinic on Highland Blvd. in Port Jefferson reported that someone stole her pocket book from a locker sometime between noon and 10 p.m. The pocket book contained cash, credit cards, and checks. The incident is being investigated as an instance of fourth-degree grand larceny.
- Two windows of a 2001 Plymouth Neon were smashed sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 7:20 a.m. Dec. 28. The vehicle was parked in the driveway of a residence on Chestnut Street in Mt. Sinai.
- On Jan. 1, a resient of Charm City Drive in Port Jefferson Station reported that someone broke the driver's side window of a 2008 Honda Accord sometime between midnight and 12:20 a.m.
- Police were called to respond to a dispute between two patients in a rehabilitation unit at St. Charles Hospital at 4:45 p.m. on Jan. 1.
- On Jan. 2, a resident of Avolet Court in Mt. Sinai reported someone had shattered the rear door of the home and stole personal paperwork sometime between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- On Jan. 3, a resident of School Drive in Port Jefferson Station called police to report a dispute with a known person regarding an iPad at 7 p.m.
- On Jan. 3, a resident of Maple Avenue in Port Jefferson Station called police to report that someone had broken the front window of his home at 9:30 p.m.