PHONE SCAM ATTEMPTS
- Residents of Park Street in Mt. Sinai, Vineyard Way in Mt. Sinai, Belle Terre Road in Port Jefferson, and Morris Street in Port Jefferson Station reported receiving the attempted phone scam calls in which the caller says a loved one is in danger and demands money over the phone. Reports came in on March 27, March 30, and March 31. The complainants did not fall victim to the scam.
- A resident of Grasslands Circle in Mt. Sinai reported arriving home at 12:05 p.m. on April 2 while a burglary was in progress. The complainant reported that jewelry was taken from an upstairs room.
- Two different residents of Pinewood Estate Road in Mt. Sinai reported someone took a key to their cars, causing paint damage, on March 30 between 11 a.m. and 11:20 a.m.
- A patron at Junior's Spycoast in Port Jefferson reported being punched in the face by another patron at approximately 1:30 a.m. on April 6. The complainant did not seek medical attention.
- A fight between two women was reported at Portside Bar & Grill in Port Jefferson on March 30 at 2:25 a.m. They refused medical attention.
- A person who parked a vehicle in the Traders Cove parking lot in Port Jefferson reported April 2 that a wallet, and iPod were stolen from the vehicle at approximately 7 p.m. A police report indicated the car's doors may have been unlocked.
- A resident of Ellen Drive in Port Jefferson reported March 27 that a laptop, iPad, and other electronics, along with a backpack, were stolen from his car at approximately 7 p.m.