The following incidents were reported to Suffolk County police between Feb. 22 and March 1.
- A car break-in was reported at Mt. Sinai Middle School on Feb. 26. An iPad, iPod Touch, and a wallet containing cash, credit cards and gift cards were reported stolen.
- A counterfeit check was cashed at Suffolk County National Bank on West Broadway in Port Jefferson on Dec. 14. The incident was reported to police on March 1.
- Police responded to a report of two people fighting on the platform of the Port Jefferson Long Island Rail Road station on March 1 at 5:50 p.m. One person was taken to St. Charles Hospital for treatment; the other was taken to Mather Hospital for treatment. No arrests were made.
- A resident of Hickory Street in Mt. Sinai reported that someone damaged a window of the house sometime between Feb. 15 at noon and Feb. 24 at 8 a.m. Nothing was reported stolen.
- A resident of Shore Road in Mt. Sinai reported that someone smashed the driver's side window and flattened a tire of a 2011 Ford vehicle sometime bwetween Feb. 22 at 9 p.m. and Feb. 23 at 5 a.m.