LIPA is working on restoring power in neighborhoods in Port Jefferson and Three Village according to a report to Patch from Sen. Ken LaValle, R-Port Jefferson after getting briefed by the utility.
Below are highlights of progress that LaValle’s office gave to Patch:
- Crews are currently at work on the Port Jefferson substation, which covers the areas of Old Field, Port Jefferson, Port Jefferson Station, Poquott, Strongs Neck, Belle Terre and northern Stony Brook (north of Route 25A).
- More than 130 line and tree trimming crews were working on Thursday on restoration in the area.
- Line crews with tree trim support continue to restore power in Belle Terre on or near East Gate Road, Old Homestead Road and Oakwood Road.
- Restoration was completed on Village Woods Road today.
- When these crews (nine crews) complete their work in Belle Terre they will be
- redeployed to other areas just south and east of Belle Terre. Restoration in
- Belle Terre is 95 percent complete.
- Line crews restored service lost overnight on or near Laurel and Elm Courts inPort Jefferson.
- Line crews with tree trim support restored service yesterday on or near California Road and Glenwood Lane in East Setauket. Two house services remain out of service and are expected to be restored on Thursday.
- Line crews with tree support completed work on or near Coach Road and Surrey Lane Wednesday.
- Restoration is substantially complete in Poquott.
- Line crews restored service yesterday on Bruce Lane in Setauket.
- Line crews are working on or near Maple Avenue in Strongs Neck Thursday.
- Restoration in Strongs Neck is about 95 percent complete.
- Line crews are about 50 percent complete with efforts to restore the eastern peninsula of Old Field. Line crews are working to restore service up to the beginning of the western peninsula of Old Field today.
- This area includes a substantial amount of rear property work.
- Line crews are working north of 25A in Stony Brook on or near Christian Avenue, Wood Road, Oakway Drive, Cedar Avenue and Hollow Road today. The work on Wood Drive includes restoring 15 sections of down single-phase primary wire.
- Line crews are working east onor near Ridgeway Drive in Stony Brook today.
As teams of line crews complete work as described above they will move on to adjacent areas still requiring restoration.