The village released an update to the work being done around Port Jefferson on Tuesday.
“We anticipate all major components of the project to be completed before Thanksgiving as previously discussed,” said a village representative. “Items like landscaping will be finished in early December.”
Here are the highlights:
- Pine Hill Road: Landscaping work continues on Pine Hill. The double yellow line striping has been completed.
- Inwood Road/Dickerson Court: Paving has been completed and landscaping work has to be completed.
- Myrtle Avenue: Line striping has been done and landscaping is ongoing.
- High Street: Additional concrete work has been completed and road is now ready for final paving.
- Dark Hollow Road: Mix-in-place has been completed and testing has been done. The first course of asphalt was completed on Tuesday. Final asphalt should be done later this week.
- East Broadway: Concrete curb and sidewalk restoration have been completed. Patches are underway and about one quarter complete. Once patches are completed the road will be ready for final paving. The village anticipates that the contractor will want to shut down a portion of East Broadway between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. to get the highest productivity they can when doing final paving. These times were requested by the school district.