In 1870 when the First Presbyterian Church of Port Jefferson was established services were held in the building that now houses the Masonic Hall on Main Street. In 1911 the church's current structure was put up and they are still growing. The church has a focus on helping others in the community. It fosters a connected spirit with cultural and charitable programs in partnership with other local organizations. To point out the diverse spirit and power of religion they have held art shows, build a model church from Legos and even read from the bible in multiple languages. Worship services are held every Sunday and Church School for children is in session July and August. It also supports a number of outreach organizations outside of Port Jefferson and mission trips overseas.