Island Christian Church
Drag box to select area
Around 1855 a Victorian church was built on the corner of East Main Street and Prospect Street. It was sold in 1861 to the Baptists and served as the First Baptist of Port Jefferson. The building itself was a landmark for captains in the late 19th century, who used the steeple as a point of reference when locating the customs house that used to sit in front of the church. Recently the Northport Baptist Church bought the building and renovated it, opening its doors in late 2010.
315 E Main St, Port Jefferson, NY 11777
- Hours: Sunday worship and Sunday school, 9am and 11am; Mon - Sat, times and events vary