Comsewogue library said that last year's volunteer fair was so successful that they're doing it again.
On Oct. 4 head down to the library from 3 to 5 p.m. and hear from a whole host of organizations who need your help.
"This year’s organizations will represent a broad range of interest areas," said librarian Loretta Holtz. "This will be a great opportunity for teens who are searching for opportunities to fulfill service requirements. Adults will also find many rewarding opportunities to pursue their personal interests, give back to their community, or try something totally new."
Groups planning to attend are:
- American Diabetes Association
- Child Abuse Prevention Service
- Coastal Steward
- Cumsewogue Historical Society
- Family Service League
- Friends of Karen
- Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind
- Hospice Center at Port Jefferson
- Hope House Ministries
- Literacy Suffolk, Inc.
- Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- MAKE A WISH Foundation
- Miller Mt. Sinai Historical Society
- Port Jefferson Rehabilitation and Nursing
- The Retired Senior and Volunteer Program
- Riverhead Foundation for Marine Research & Preservation
- Saddle Rock Ranch
- Three Village Meals on Wheels
- Woodhaven Nursing Home
If you are unable to attend the fair you can still visit the organizations' website for information on how you can volunteer.
"If there is a certain area of interest that you feel passionate about or if you would like to try something new it would be worth stopping by to meet some of the representatives," said Holtz.
Registration is open to all Suffolk County residents. You can register online on the Comsewogue Public Library’s website. Please use program code CWA402. You can also register for this program by calling us at (631) 928-1212.