Check out these upcoming events and more in our community calendar.
1. An expert from St. Charles Hospital will present a stroke awareness lecture with free blood pressure screenings on Monday at 10:45 a.m. at the Rose Caracappa Senior Center in Mt. Sinai.
2. An expert from Empire BlueCross BlueShield will present a lecture on "Medicare Explained" at the Port Jefferson Free Library at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
3. Port Jefferson trustees will will hold their usual village board meeting on Monday night at 7 p.m. at Village Hall.
4. The Comsewogue PTA Council will meet on Monday at 7:30 p.m. at Comsewogue High School.
5. Saturday is "Recycle Day" at Comsewogue High School. Bring your old, non-working electronics to the school on Saturday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. to participate.