No matter what you celebrate you will probably gifting someone sometime this holiday season. Let the library help make your gift giving easier. Here’s how:
- Use our “Check Out Discounts” to help you shop local and save. Avoid the crowds and long lines. Help give local businesses a needed boost. Pick up at a brochure at the Circulation Desk or in the Children’s Department. Present your library card at any of the listed merchants to receive your discount.
- Shop and support your Library by purchasing items in our Friends of the Library bookshop. There is an ever changing variety of both older and new fiction, non-fiction, and books for children and teens. All proceeds go to the Friends of the Library who use them to help support Library programming.Stop in and browse. You never know what treasures you’ll find!
- Are you 60 years or older? You may be eligible for Senior Discounts at a variety of merchants. Check out our listing of local stores that offer discounts. You’ll find the sheets in our Senior Information section that is on the left when you enter the library. Check out the image included with this article to see the list!
- Travel to NYC with the Library! See the holidays sights and do some shopping while you are there. Can’t make our trip? Pick up a train schedule from the Village/Local Information Rounder and find a time to hit the town!
- It seems like every major magazine has decided to take part in helping with gift selection. Don’t buy the magazine (save your money for other things)! Check them out from the Library for great gift suggestions. Buying someone a big gift and want to buy the best? Check out Consumer’s Report (stop at the Reference desk to get the Index)to make sure you are getting the most value for your money. Have a music enthusiast on your list? Check out Rolling Stone November 29, 2012 for a list of gifts perfect for the music fan. Also check out the most current issues of Good Housekeeping, Oprah, Real Simple, Red Book, and Woman’ s Day for lists of great suggestions that are budget friendly!
- Last, but not least give the gift of good reading! Looking for some recommendations? Check the New York Times. They just did a massive Holiday Gift Guide Feature in the Art Section in the November 23, 2012 edition. Ask for it at the Reference Desk. When in doubt you can always ask a Librarian for help. We know books and we know people, so tell us who you are shopping for and we’ll help you find something they will be sure to love!!