Here are links to some big stories that happened this week in Port Jefferson.
- - Federal agency denies village's complaint against National Grid over business practices that keep energy prices on Long Island artificially high.
- Police: Trio Burglarized Building on Lawrence Aviation Site in Port Jefferson - Two homeless men entered a building on the property along with a man from Centereach.
- Comsewogue Fifth Graders in Finals to Win Thousands in Educational Technology - Using the pop song “Call Me Maybe” as inspiration, Tara Falasco’s Boyle Road Elementary School class is in the finals to win electronic learning equipment for their school.
- Comsewogue Student Honored by National Hispanic Recognition Program - Christian Patrizio from Comsewogue High School is one of 5,000 students in the U.S. and its territories with test scores high enough to be honored by the National Hispanic Recognition Program.
- Police Arrest Man in Connection to Port Jefferson Stabbing - After a fight n front of McDonalds on West Broadway in August, one man was left with five stab wounds and another fled the scene.
- Port Jefferson Station Doctor Pleads Guilty in Oxycodone Case - Frank Telang, a neurologist with a practice in Port Jefferson Station, was arrested last year and charged with illegally selling oxyconone and other controlled substanced for cash without an examination.
- Good Samaritans Alert Man His Truck is on Fire - A full gas can in back of truck added to the dangerous fire.