Local school districts have announced that students will be getting a head start on the weekend on Friday as they close up early as the blizzard bears down on the region.
- Port Jefferson and Comsewogue School Districts announced that they are closing 2-hours early on Friday.
- Mt. Sinai School District also announced early dismissal: The High School will be dismissed at 12:15 p.m., the Middle School at 1 p.m. and the Elementary School at 1:45 p.m. Students should be getting home about 90 minutes early.
- Mt. Sinai School District reports that it is cancelling all after-school sports and activities for Friday and will not be having any activities for either Saturday or Sunday.
- Comsewogue: No after school or evening activities.
- Port Jefferson School District announced that all Friday and Saturday school activities (including community group use of facilities) have been cancelled.
- Port Jefferson Elementary School Sweetheart Dance has been rescheduled.
- Port Jefferson Middle School drama production has been rescheduled.
We will continue to update you on all closings and cancellations as they are announced.